Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday.




Today, and this week, I am thankful for:

-- Family. The extended mix. Who, even on a bad day, as my husband reminds me, our son is MORE than lucky to have because they love him so much and offer such richness to his life, in spite of (and maybe because of) their imperfection. (Remember those opportunities to love one another more? Yeah. Those.)

-- Diggy. Everyone needs a good Diggy for a pillow. Especially when your own mama is sick, as I have been much of this week. Thanks to Diggy (*my* mother) for her loving kindness, her patience, her sense of fun. My boy and I both thank you so much for your care. He additionally thanks you for limitless banana bread and a run of blueberry muffins. Mmm.

-- An opportunity -- no matter the eventual outcome -- to interview for paying work.

-- Friendship.

-- Watermelon.

-- Zucchini and tomatoes.

-- Siblings. See first and second items above.

-- My dad. Again, see first and second items above. Though the individual notations are worthwhile and called for. Plus which, my dad smokes up a hell of a brisket, and always he and my mother lay in the supplies they know a body likes: schmancy coffee, real mayonnaise, a favorite cracker or juice or whatever a someone holds onto for comfort.

-- A dishwasher at my folks' place. And fancy cable. And air conditioning. And a pool nearly in the backyard. And lots of space.... such deeply appreciated (and generously shared) amenities.

-- A dear mate. Can't wait to hug your neck, Babe. I missed you.

-- Home. No place like it. Happy to be here after a week away.

-- Supplies laid in and supper on the stove.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:56 AM

    welcome home ms booty. we loves ya.
    and good luck on the interview. my guess is that they will love you too.

    ReplyDelete