Monday, July 27, 2009

Mama Monday: Day is Done.

A favorite in our family over the last year or two is Richard Scarry's Busytown. We've just read and reread and reread it over the last couple months. The story that rings so true to me is "Mother's Work is Never Done" wherein Mama Pig goes through a day with her family, ending up with two piglets tucked into bed with her.

Here am I, at the end of our day. A morning of snapping to, work at the office, home for the boy's nap, more work from the home office during the nap, washing dishes, tending the garden, taking the boy to swim, preparation of the supper, laundry, laying with the child 'til he slept (long long time these days.....,) more dishes, some short words with the husband that aren't altogether pleasant, finish cleaning the bathroom (a chore leftover from the weekend,) and eeking in a post before midnight, just before tucking in.

I'd love to show and tell what I harvested today, and describe the amazing steak and eggs supper we had.

I'd love to tackle the sprawling mess that is my son's room. Or sort a box of things in the sunroom.

Alas, I'm out of steam, so perhaps tomorrow. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am still up, too - working and cleaning, too, while the kids and husband sleep. Yes, our work is never done!

    ReplyDelete