Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Where we came from, and where we're going....

On Friday my Mister and I will have been wed five years. They've been hard years as often as good ones, for a whole host of reasons, but we're not giving up. I think it's a sign of times to come that we'll be celebrating our anniversary this year as a family at the Gandhi-King Conference in Memphis. In honor of where we've come from, and where we're headed, I share the following sometimes telling quizlet I filled out at a mama friend's behest. (I'm not at all sure how the tagging thing goes, but post away in the comments if you'd like to share your own answers.....)


1. Who eats more?

sometimes me.

2. Who said "I love you" first?

he did. i let it wash over me. then said it back. we were on the phone; me in my little attic apartment in a hillsboro village farmhouse, him in his parents' basement office in rural south western michigan

3. Who is the morning person?

me

4. Who sings better?

i think we both have nice voices.

5. Who’s older?

he is. by three and a half years.

6. Who’s smarter?

he is. but then, i am. if we'd ever let each other excel without bickering so much, our smarts would complement one another.

7. Whose temper is worse?

mine. but then his. we're just very different in the way we handle emotion. i spill out. he holds in. we both can blow.

8. Who does the laundry?

we both do.

9. Who does the dishes?

we both do.

10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?

he does, if we're talking looking up at the bed from the foot.

11. Whose feet are bigger?

his.

12. Whose hair is longer?

mine. though not by much at this point.

13. Who’s better with the computer?

me. but he has infinitely more patience with small instruments and fixing excel or word things that leave me cursing a blue streak.

14. Do you have pets?

oh, yes, we do. mother / daughter maine coon pair: junie moon and buddy wiggins. junie was born under the house next door to my place in hillsboro village. by the time i took her in, she was pregnant. shortly thereafter, eric moved in. a few years later, we took in bert, a rescue german shepard mix. he was supposed to have been a foster for a few days.

15. Who pays the bills?

i do.

16. Who cooks dinner?

i do.

17. Who drives when you are together?

usually he does, but sometimes it's me.

18. Who pays when you go out to dinner?

it comes from the same pot; he generally pulls out the debit card or the cash.

19. Who’s the most stubborn?

we're both mules.

20. Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong?

me. but then, sometimes him.

21. Whose family do you see more?

mine, as they're only three hours away as opposed to his who're in Michigan.

22. Who named your pets?

he named junie moon and buddy wiggins, the former before he and i were even a couple but we were friends. i named bert.

23. Who kissed who first?

he kissed me. and what a kiss! a magnolia grew out of my chest.

24. Who asked who out?

i was the bold one with regard to making him be my friend. which led to everything else eventually.

25. Who's a hardcore romantic?

we both are, though you wouldn't really know it these days.

26. Who’s more sensitive?

me in a much more easy to see and understand way. but he's deep. and very sensitive when he allows himself, or feels safe / comfortable enough to go there.

27. Who’s taller?

he is.

28. Who has more friends?

me.

29. Who has more siblings?

we each have a brother & a sister. we're each eldest children.

30. Who wears the pants in the relationship?

he'd say me. i'd agree a lot of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment