Sunday, September 23, 2012

Actual things my students have said to me this first quarter of the 2012-13 school year....


My fourth grade students working at my interdisciplinary Science and Language Arts bulletin board.

  • I don't hate you. I just hate some of the things you do.
  • Can I come live with you? I want you to be my mom and to come live with you and your husband and son.
  • I brought you these chips because you gave everyone your lunch for snacks when they were hungry.
  • I hate you.
  • I don't have to listen you, little girl. Fat girl.
  • Don't you love your boy?
  • Mrs. B, you're the best teacher I've ever had.
  • I hope you die. I hope you die in prison. I hope you die soon.
  • You told us fair is not equal. I get it.
  • You are so unfair!
  • What are those things under your arms?
  • What's that on your eyelid?
  • Ugh. Tagmoles? You should get those things cut off.
  • What's that in your eye. A pinGUECKula?! What's THAT?!
  • I love you.
  • I know you love us and care about us.
  • How do you spell student?
  • What's today's date?
  • Can we stay outside longer?
  • Do you have a bandaid?
  • I gotta use it!!
  • Mrs. B, you're giving me a headache.
  • This is too hard. I can't read.
  • Mrs. B! I get it! I get Real World Math!!
  • I wish I was in Ms. Kramer's / Ms. Mitchell's / Mrs. McMillan's class....
  • I don't wanna be in nobody else's class, Mrs. B.
  • Would the principal fire you if you did that?
  • I don't like when you go away. I hate substitutes.
  • Can we eat in the classroom with you?
  • Can I hold your hand?
  • Mrs. B, my leg / cheek / thumb / tummy / throat / head / foot hurts.
  • I don't care if you DO call my mama!
  • Can we call my mama to tell her I had a good day?
  • Did you see me?
  • Watch ME, Mrs. B.
  • Can I be the line leader?
  • Can I take the attendance to the office?
  • Can I sharpen the pencils?
  • Can I clean off your desk? Erase the board? Collect the homework?
  • Mrs. B, you are too nice. That's why we be misbehavin'.
  • Mrs. B, you are mean.
  • I love you.
  • Can I read to you?
  • Will you read to us?
  • Thank you for telling me that.
  • O.EM. Gee.
  • I cain't work with HER.
  • Can we work together?
  • What's that what you call when you do something....? Consequences?
  • Your husband must be a nice man.
  • I hope you have a good weekend with your husband and your son, and I wish I could come home with you this weekend.
  • I hate you. I wish you would get fired.
  • Do you love me?
  • How do you think I feel?
  • These kids are crazy. They don't know how to act.
  • With my glasses on, I can see the whiskers on your chin better.
  • Your hair is grey, not brown. No offense.
  • You look a lot younger in your picture.
  • Are you white?
  • What's that word?
  • I don't know how to do this. No one will help me!!
  • You didn't bring any ranch to dip your carrots in? How can you eat that?
  • You got a snack for me? I'm hongry.
  • You always get me in trouble.
  • Mrs. B, Ms. B, Miz B, Mrs. B, Ms. B, Miz Bee...........

No comments:

Post a Comment