Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Slimy foughts.

Ninth snow day since the school year began.

And the children at Metro Nashville Public Schools have been out more than in classes since mid December.

My kid's got a nasty cold with a snuffly snout, croupy cough. He was ruddy with fever and sneezy when I picked him up Monday.


I'm a bit out of sorts myself, with all this bending out of routine.


As we were readying for bed shortly ago, mid sentence my boy ran with a fury to the tissue box on the coffee table, after blowing, telling me, "I had to blow my nose!"

And then, said with the enormous smile of a happy discovery, "When your nose is slimy, your FOUGHTS [thoughts] are slimy. Because your foughts come from your brain, get it? And your brain has mucus!"

Very pleased with himself, he goes on to declare that the Valentine hearts we put up on the kitchen cabinets today "look really good, more loving," and "like they are made for a smaller house, like ours, but we have lots of space, and lots of rooms, like one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, and Dad's special room!"

No comments:

Post a Comment