Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Readying.



Size six pants for my not yet five year old boy.

Star Wars undies and boxer briefs.

Crayola crayons and Crayola markers. Clearview binder, spiral wide rule Batman notebook. Socks with skulls, and easy to match white ones w/ colored toes, too.

Ladies and gentleman, we have a rising kindergartener in the house, equipped with backpack and lunchbox (he prefers to use his familiar old ones as he knows how to open and close them already, a practical conceit I can greatly appreciate.) Too, his standard school attire (SSA) wardrobe is fully stocked, his size 13 feet have running shoes and enclosed water friendly athletic sandals. (Cooler weather will necessitate all weather mocs of some kind.) He's got the scissors and composition notebook and the box of pencils and the other items on the supply list, plus baby wipes and glue sticks to donate to the classroom, and an armfull of Silly Bands, just for the fun of it.

My boy. Oh, my.


1 comment:

  1. That happened so fast - I remember first meeting you two at Shelby on a walk when he was in the full explorer stage. I hope to get to spend some more time with him this fall.

    ReplyDelete