Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thankful Thursday.

Oh, the Lord is good to me, and so I thank the Lord,
For giving me, the things I need,
the sun and the rain, and the appleseed.
The Lord is good to me, Amen, Amen.
Blessings on the Food!
Yay, God! Yay, Us!!
-- the Johnny Applesee Blessing, sung with great enthusiasm as at our home


Today I am thankful for:

-- rain for the garden

-- a day of exercise, sunshine and friends yesterday

-- the Y's Open Doors policy & a summer at the pool

-- our nation's president, and the excitement and hope in my husband's voice in speaking of the potential for turning the tide....

-- an extra bed and good food with which to offer my mother comfort on the way to my Great Aunt's funeral

-- a particularly drama free, bicker free period at home for all three of us

-- good books

-- my child's father, who is such a good playmate and bedtime reader and loving presence

-- Bare Jr's Boo-tay







2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:54 AM

    you sound so good....bursting with all sorts of joy. good to read you this a.m., i needed a little bit of your happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love johnny appleseed...and i wish i could have your csa basket!

    ReplyDelete