Saturday, March 18, 2006

Another Mother For Peace.

Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.....


A regular attendee of NPJC meetings and then a board member, too, I was one of the original members of the Nashville Peace Coalition, formed prior to this hateful war's official beginning. As such, I had a hand in organizing the very first (pre-war) March for Peace and Picnic for Peace. Alas, in these last few years of early marriage and work and such, I've been a bit of an armchair activist. Moreso than I might have believed, even.

Becoming a mother has certainly re-ignited my activist / organizer passions to take it to the streets & elsewhere, as well as given me a new place from which to voice and act on my concerns. It is important to me to raise my son as a communitarian with consciousness, starting straight away.

Ziggy & I will be marking the anniversary of this hateful war today by protesting peacefully. We hope to see some of y'all. Children's presence is welcome and encouraged!! Details of the day below.

+++


Nashville Music City March for Peace III

Saturday, March 18th
Bradley Park/Musica (Music Row Roundabout)

On March 18, 2006, it will be 3 years since the US Administration has sponsored the US War and Occupation on Iraq. Join the Nashville Peace Coalition as the Middle Tennessee community continues to demonstrate for peace and an end of this War.

  • 12:00 Gather
  • 12:30 Speakers
  • 1:30pm March to Federal Building
  • Reading of the 48 Tennesseans Killed in Iraq

Join Tennesseans in mourning this sad anniversary - the war has cost the lives of over 2300 Americans, 32,000 Iraqis, and $243 billion dollars to date – and join us in expressing our desire for peace in Iraq and justice at home.

Afterwards, join the Peace Coalition at the Nashville Peace and Justice Center for a potluck and movie at 3pm.

For more information contact Nini Thomas of the Nashville Peace Coalition at 579-9956

Matthew Leber, Director Nashville Peace and Justice Center
1016 18th Avenue, South
Nashville, TN 37212
(Phone) 615 321 9066
(Fax) 615 320 8897 matt@nashvillepeacejustice.org www.nashvillepeacejustice.org

The Nashville Peace and Justice Center is a community based coalition of organizations and individuals dedicated to creating a peaceful and just society.

"Another world is not only possible, she's on her way. Maybe many of us won't be here to greet her, but on a quiet day, if I listen very carefully, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy
##

No comments:

Post a Comment