Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Ms. Booty & Her Chicks.

We're spread out throughout the southern United States, but my Chicks for Peace are my tribe of sisters since college days. We gather as oft possible. Here some of us are in 2000, Labor Day Weekend-- Ms. Booty (in the blonde days), Jo & Mama Loca, along with Destin & Billie, of the next generation. Ziggy will be the baby prince among them.

I love these girls (and their children) like crazy & am ever grateful for their presence in my life. Even the ones with whom I've lost touch. Sometimes it's that way with family: you just love each other from where you live and perhaps one day it's easier to be in one another's company.

For the rest of us, we'll be gathering here in Nashville in a couple weeks for a Blessingway to celebrate my impending motherhood. Funny that we all thought I'd have a passel of babies before anyone else and yet here I am bringing up the rear with my caboose baby on the way....

No comments:

Post a Comment