Monday, November 21, 2011

Mystical mythical.

Thanksgiving 2010
This morning the Boy has awakened with one thing on his mind.


"Is the Book Fair still open?" 


"No, babe, it closed last week." 


Pause and pout.... "But...." 


"What did you need or want, babe?" 


"I wanted Ninjago with the Lego set! But the Book Fair was out of them last week...." 


"Well, I guess you'll have to put it on your Christmas wish list. Maybe Santa or someone will get it for you." 


"Well, I don't think that Santa's elves make that. So HE can't get it for me...." 


"Hm. You know, I have heard -- now I don't know for sure -- but I have heard that Santa sometimes sends his elves to the store." 


"Really? Where did you hear that?" 


"I don't know. From a kid, maybe?" 


"So you don't know if it's true!" 


"No, I don't. There are so many rumors about Santa, I kind of just roll with it." 


"Well I don't." 





Belief. Disbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment